Posted by: Louis | 2011-08-02

ear wax removal

Where can I find a Home Kit for ear wax removal? They do make them, just don''t know where to find them.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Louis

I am not aware of the fact that this is available. Perhaps your pharmacist can assist, but I would rather recommend removal by a qualified person, as a knowledge of the anatomy of the earcanal, and the tympanic membrane is essential to prevent permenant damage to the ear, and ultimately the hearing.

Posted by: F | 2011-08-12

Did you try this yet? Insert a few drops of olive oil (medicated not cooking oil) into each ear. Drop into one ear and lie on that side for about 5-10 minutes before doing the next ear. This should soften the wax and it will come out usually by the next day. Remember ear wax actually has a function and is there to protect the ear.

Reply to F