Question
Posted by: Graca Queen | 2008/08/13

Ear trouble

Hi Doc, I have had an ongoing problem of a very waxy ear. Very smelly as well. At different times it itches no end as well. Feel like I could put a bottle brush in and scratch away - not seriously!
I have tried Sofridex for a while now with no results. Should I see someone or would just a good syringe do the trick. Thanks in advance

Dear Graca
Wax is normal, smelly not - you may have a low grade infection in the ear canal. Please see your doctor as I suspect you need some antibiotic ear drops with or without cortisone to clear up this problem.

1
Posted by: Ear Unknown | 2009/01/14

Right Ear, its not sore, ichy. Is slightly blocked on the inside. When I lie on my side at night liquid runs out, and then is all dried in the morning. It has been like this for about a week, it isnt sore

Reply to Ear Unknown