Posted by: Daphne | 2012-07-18

Ear infection

I have had what I suspect to be middle ear infection for nearly two weeks. I had a sharp stabbing pain in my ear (it woke me from deep sleep) one night and the pain then faded during the day. I am now partially deaf in my ear for just about two weeks. Is this ear infection. I have no pain and sometimes the skin around my ear will become numb.

An ear infection is characterised by a lot of pain. Consult your doctor for an examination, as you might have a wax build up that will have to be cleared. Other possible causes will be excluded by your doctor.

Posted by: Daphne | 2012-07-19

Will wax happen suddenly? Also, I have soaked my ear in hot water in the bath and clean my ears with a cotton bud at least three times a week?

Reply to Daphne
Posted by: Grease | 2012-07-19

Time to visit the ear doctor....

Reply to Grease