Question
Posted by: Annecke | 2010/06/23

Ear infection

I started with ear infection last week and treated myself with Covoncaine ear drops, my ear is much better, but now I''m sitting with a blocked ear (feels like when you''ve got water in your ear) it sounds like I''m in a tunnel. Do I have to go to the doctor to get it cleaned out or can I get something to do it myself. Thanks

Hallo Annecke
You may have fluid in the middle ear or wax that is pressed against the eardrum. Rather let your doctor first have a look what the real cause of the blocked ear is. If it is fluid buildup in the middle ear, trying to clean it out may cause perforation of the eardrum.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/23

Hallo Annecke