Question
Posted by: Siranne | 2009/04/14

Ear drops wont drain

As i type this, I have my head horizontal as I have just administered ear drops in my ear. The paid started this morning and feels like someone is sticking a knitting needle in my ear everytime I yawn or hiccup. It isn'  t sore when i eat or drink...i.e swallow.
I went to the pharmacy who gave me eardrops (Covancaine) and they'  re supposed to drain into the ear, but I have tried 3 times in the last hour without successful drainage. After 15 minutes with no results I'  m just tipping my head and letting them come out the way they came. I have tried pulling on my earlobe to open it up, but to no avail. Any suggestions??
I have posted this on the ear expert but noticed she only replies a week and a half later. Help!

Dear Siranne
The ear canal is just about 2cm long, so put in the eardrops and put a piece of cotton wool in the opening to keep the drops in. It sounds as if you may have middle ear infection. If you have nosedrops in the house (Drixine or Illiadin) put some in your nose to try and open the Eustachian tube ( which runs from the back of your nose to the middle ear) this may help to relieve the pressure. If it gets worse, rather see your doctor tomorrow as you may need antibiotics

4
Posted by: Bathobile | 2015/04/07

Hi my son is a year and half old and has been complaining about his right ear and I bought him Covancaine ear drops but he's coming out puss what can I do ?please help!

Reply to Bathobile
Posted by: Edwin | 2014/01/28

Hello i have some small sores inside my ear nd they are painful when i use earbooth and the earcanal is very warm sometimes i dont hear exatly.plz i need ur hlp which medicine can i buy?

Reply to Edwin
Posted by: DIKELEDI | 2013/10/18

Hallo i was feeling in my right ear so i went to pharmacy on tuesday,i explain everything to them and after that they gave me covancaine i pour it in the ear and put again tomorrow the thing is the pain is gone but now i can hear with that ear i hear a funny sound coming from the ear is like water is inside my ear and no dirt is coming out. so what should i do

Reply to DIKELEDI
Posted by: THANDO | 2013/08/29

IM FEELING PAINS BOTH MY EARS I HAVE TRIED THE COVANCAINE IT SI NOT HELPING AT ALL, WHAT CAN I BUY TO STOP THIS PAIN? PLEASE HELP ME

Reply to THANDO