Question
Posted by: Mary Anne | 2009/06/29

Ear ache

My right ear feels as if it is a bit blocked and the left ear is aching at times. Can this be due to a continuous post nasal drip I suffer from please? What can I use for it?

Dear Mary Anne
If you have nose symptoms, you may have a blocked Eustachian tube ( between the back of the nose and the middle ear) and you also may have fluid in the middle ear. You could try using a decongestant nose spray like Drixine 12 hourly for 5 days, but you may also need antibiotics. It may be better to let your doctor to have a look.