Question
Posted by: Sore | 2008/07/11

Ear Ache

Last night, while I was washing my hair in the bath, I had the most horrible burning pain shoot into my ear. I had grommets put in for glue ear in Jan this year. Could it be that the grommet fell out? My ear is still sensitive and the area below it a little swollen, but the pain is not as severe as it was yesterday!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that the grommet is no longer in place. I recommend that you consult your ENT specialist, in order to examine your ear. It sounds like if you have secondary infection in that area.

Kind regards