Question
Posted by: Marius van der Bank | 2011-01-07

E Sigarette (Twisp)

No question here, merely a response to " Cyberdoc" ''s totally unqualified/tested comments on the e sig which she in a nutshell proclaim to be a waste of time and money....this apart from her subtle claims of how " bad"  nicotine is and how bad this " untested"  gadget could be. This with no evidence that it is in fact unhealthy.....how does one even compare it to the damage that conventional sigarettes with its tar, ink, paper etc causes to one''s lungs.

I wonder if Cyberdoc has not perhaps arrange some sort of kickback from the tobacco board...this by the way is the only reason why some of the more advanced countries has banned the e-sig....losing out on all those lovely taxes. Not one country''s medical representitives provided any concrete evidence of it being harmful. The reason for not promoting it is always..." it has not been tested sufficiently"  and " nicotine is bad for you"  etc. Nicotine as we all know does not cause cancer and certainly does not kill. Convential sigarettes does. To even compare e-sigarettes with sigarettes in respect harmfull effects is as ridiculous as comparing a drag on a cannibis joint to shooting up with heroin on a daily basis.

I have been an heavy smoker for 35 years. I purchased a " Twisp"  e-sigarette and stopped smoking completely after using it for a month. The only after effects was slight nausea after a week as the toxins of 35 years was exiting my body. I can smell and taste again...i can breath again...i have a zest for life again and my quality of life and sense of well being is returning rappidly.

I will advise anyone who is tired of killing themselves slowly to go for e-sigarettes. Only stay away from the cheap Chinese versions with dubious mixtures. Stick with reputable providers such as Twisp from Holland.

Call me anytime for advise...+27 84 586 5556

Marius

Marius

It is fantastic to hear that you have quit smoking. I know Dr Bets is not getting any kickback from any tobacco company and that she only voiced her opinion about an untested product and I agree that there is merit to your argument. If you are going to use the e-sigarette as a catalyst in order to stop smoking, I do not see a reason as to why not.

1

I forgot my twisp on occasion and smoke a cigarette during those times. My throat started to hurt and I have symptoms of flue. Sneezing, coughing a block nose my cousin experience the same symptoms when smoking a sigarette instead of just the twisp. Why does this happen?