Posted by: Ailean | 2010-06-04

E coli Rash on Buttocks

Mother(79) has rash on buttocks, she ison meds but says its still very painful. Please help

Please be so kind as to provide me with the details of her current treatment, as well as how it was diagnosed. Was a swab taken for analysis? On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.

If she is not using Bactroban ointment, I suggest that you get this from your nearest pharmacy and apply this for at least ten days.

Posted by: Ailean | 2010-06-06

Dear Doctor.
She is taking Ciploxx 500 2 x daily and we are applying Travacort and Fucidin cream 2 x daily. Swab was taken and analysed. This treatment has been on a continous basis since March. Have tried Bactorban ointment but it has shown no sign of any improvemet. The wound is moist, would trying to dry the rash not be more beneficial to her. She is also a type 1 diabetic

Reply to Ailean