Posted by: Mienkie | 2009-06-24

I had this problem back in January where when i eat it feels like the food does not go down that it feels stuck in my throat and when i am not eating i can still feel something in my throat as if its like a air bubble stuck or something. i went to the dr and she said it was a result of my hernia and GORD that I have, she gave me pills, Pariet which i am still drinking, at that stage it did help me a lot. but i started feeling the same symptoms yesterday and up to now it feels worse, do you think it is something else or will it go away again? i feel very anxious about this i do not even want to try food, please help!

Dear Mienkie
You may have an esophageal spasm due to the irritation of the acid in the lower esophagus. Try using Mucaine 10 ml 3 times a day and an antispasmodic like Scopex. If the feeling persists you may need to get a gastroscopy examination to see if you have an ulcer in the lower esophagus and then you need to see your doctor again.

Posted by: mienkie | 2009-06-24

thanks doc
i just want to know if i must try to eat something in the meantime i am just scared it will get stuck and i will choke or that the food will go into my windpipe plse advise

Reply to mienkie