Posted by: Pie | 2009-08-19

I was tested HIV positive in 1998 and I did my first CD4 count ever in January and not because I was sick or something I was just interested and it was 381 and now I’ ve noticed that I am starting to lose weight and it makes me scared.
What can be my problem?

I am no longer an HIV expert, Pie, and there could be various reasons for losing weight, some of them minor. Try the HIV forum where I'm sure they should be able to advise you

Posted by: HIV+ man | 2009-08-20

Are you on ART meds? A cd4 count of 381 isn’ t that bad. But then of course, you must also take the viral load count into account. My advice is, get to a proper doctor. My cd4 was 133 at one stage, I have been diagnosed a number of years earlier than you, and I am very well. Eat well and HEALTHY, sleep well, get some fresh air and exercise, no or very little alcohol and smoking or drugs and get your mind in order. The worrying is making it worse. All the best.

Reply to HIV+ man
Posted by: Tholi | 2009-08-19

Visit the HIV Forum, they will gladly assist you there.

Reply to Tholi