Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2009/05/14

Dwarf Kitten?

We recently got a kitten - it was the runt of the litter and there were 11 kittens in her litter. She was born on the 6th Jan this year but she is still tiny. We have had her now for 2 weeks. Our friends have a kitten who is 6 weeks and this kitten is bigger than her. Do you think she could be a dwarf? Apparently the lady who we got her from took her to the vet and they found her to be completely healthy. She eats well and looks well but she is just small?

Dear Wendy

Just give her time, some kitten make a slow start but catch up with the litter mates later on.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/17

I once fostered a dwarf kitten - too cute! But I heard later from the woman who adopted her that she started growing and is now just slightly smaller than usual. If you give her good kitten food to promote growth, she might catch up.

Posted by: Carol | 2009/05/15

some cats are small others big... as long as they are healthy there is no problem.

Reply to Carol