Dwarf hamster confusing behaviour

I' ve had my dwarf hamster for about a month now. At first she used to feel afraid to come out the cage,but eventually after being very gentle and loving with her, she has gotten very used to my husband and I. She come to us very quickly, and sometimes it seems as though she' s even excited that we' re home. So she definitely likes us.

Her habit is that she will run to a certain point in the cage,and we must place our hands to that point and she will then climb into our hands. We' re always very gentle with her, and she seems to have fun doing this.
But these past two days, when she runs to that spot and when I put my hand there, she will either nibble, or like this morning, she bit my finger. It wasn' t at all hard or sore though. But the part that confuses me is that if my husband puts his hand there, then she goes to him.

We both treat her exactly the same way. In fact, I give her more attention than my husband. Why does she only bite or nibble on me?

Dear Anon

I have no idea.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-22

You probably taste better.

Reply to Chill