Posted by: sadi | 2009-04-11

dvt and flying

My father had DVT and died from the clot going into his lungs. My brother (55) is on medication for DVT. I have recently been experiencing a lame type of pain in my left calf, aggrivated by long periods of sitting. I find flying uncomfortable, having to stretch my left leg often. I am 50. How will a doctor go about finding out if i
suffer from DVT? I am flying in a weeks time again and is concerned about this.

Your doctor will do a venogram to evaluate your veins in your legs. He/she can also do a clotting profile to evaluate if there is any other problem that will cause DVT's. Blood tests will also be helpful to determine a possible cause.

Refer to the following link for more information about deep vein thrombosis: