Question
Posted by: Jaun van der Merwe | 2011-04-21

DVT &  MVP any concerns

Hi, I was admitted with DVT in ,y left leg last year. Blood tests shows i have Factor Five. I am on Warfarin. 5mg and 7,5 mg alternate days. Last INR was 2.0 .
I smoke aout 30 sigaretts per day.
I saw my specialist yesterday and did a stress ECG. I also have high Cholesterol and have been on 20Mg Simvastatin past 5 years. I am 32 years old male.

My concen, the physician told me i have a click on my heart and explained it''s not neccessarily a bad thing, he said that my one heart chmaber is higher, but after reading about MVP i am a bit concerned. He asked me if i have shortness of breath, i said no. But after reading through these systems. I sometimes have shortness of breath but not bad. I do however get chest pains every now and then.

Should i go see a cardiologist and complete more tests ? Or shoudl i not be concerned. I know the smoking is a problem. And i wil ltry to quit.

I also get pains in my legs still from the DVT, he said it''s not a concern as my legs are not swelling up, but even when i had the Clot, my legs were not swollen

Hallo Juan
You already have risk factors for serious heart disease - high cholesterol, risk of repeating DVT due to F V disorder, and smoking is something you need to stop doing as soon as possible. Please look at this webpage for more information http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-1952.asp
One can get residual pain in the leg after a DVT due to damage to the veins.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-04-22

Hallo Juan