Posted by: Salomie Basson | 2011-04-29

I was diagnosed with DVT in left leg on 8 March 2011, after dobler test were done and found clot in main artery (2,6cm). Was admitted to hospital and VQ scan was done which was clear. Thrombosis screening was done and I was told its not genetic - not what caused the blood clot. I have been taking Warfarin since then from 1/2 to 1 1/2 tablets per day. Used Glexane injections for 2 weeks. Leg still swells alot and blood flow not 100% as cold spots can be felt in bottom part of leg. Had INR test every second week with last count being 1,59%. Oxygen levels in blood also low. I am scared as I do not know what is causing the blood clots. Should I be concerned? Retention of water no also a problem.

Salomie Basson

You should reconsult your doctor, as your INR is too low. The INR reading should be 2 to 3 international units. Please read the following link to have a clear understanding about DVT's: