Posted by: Glynnis Morris | 2009-05-04

My 31 year old daughter was involved in a car accident 2 years ago and broke her knee. Soon after she was diagnosed with DVT and put on Warfarin and compression stockings for 6 months.
In the last month her knee and leg have swolen and she is wearing the stockings again to relieve the discomfort.
I would like to know if there are any over the counter medicines which she can take to increase the circulation in her leg and will improving the circulation help.
I saw a product in Dischem for varicous veins and leg circulation but am afraid to waste my money on something that does not work.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Glynnis
Please first let her see a doctor before you treat her. It would be better to first know the cause of the swelling.

Posted by: D | 2009-05-13

take a disprin a day(but if on warfarin - the dose should be correct and your daughter should be testing her blood every month if not maintained properly), when sleeping elevate legs, maybe put a brick or something under the matress to elevate that part, at work, if desk job, elevate legs, walk around a little dont be in sitting position for long. Research foods rich in Vitamin E and K, I forget one or the other cloths your blood and one thins the blood. The stocking should be worn daily.
Hope this helps

Reply to D