Question
Posted by: XL | 2010/09/13

Duromine - is it safe and side effects?

Hi Doc,
I need to find out what your thoughts are on Duromine. I started on 15mg about 2 months ago, and they were ineffective within a week. Then I took 2 15mg which were fine as I lost weight. Then I moved to the 1 30mg and I felt dizzy and strange especially in the late afternoon. I stopped everything for a while and went back to the 1 15mg which is also making me feel strange. Will more regular exercise burn the feeling off and therefore let me use the pills more effectively?
Thanks, X

Dear XL
The following side-effects can occur with Duromine (which contains phentermine as its active ingredient), as listed in my copy of MIMS: pulmonary hypertension, central nervous system effects including psychotic episodes and hallucinations, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, problems with urination, rash, impotence or changes in libido, facial oedema and blurred vision. If a medication does not work for you and causes side-effects, then I would recommend that you stop taking it. Rather stick to a balanced slimming diet and regular exercise to lose weight without all these negative side-effects.
Take care

2
Posted by: nthabiseng | 2010/09/13

drink lots of water and try to eat sensibly,fruits and boil your food you should be fine

Reply to nthabiseng

Dear XL
Take care