Posted by: Jolyn | 2009-03-09

Duromine and epilepsy

Good day
I was given a box of Duromine 15mg to help loose my baby weight. I am on Lamictin 200mg/day. I should add, I think, that I had 2-3 grand mal seizures a year, from a knock on my head, from the ages of 14-22. I' ve never had once since, I' m 33 now. Its a personal choice to remain on the Lamictin, but could these two med' s interact? In which way? Could it possibly cause a seizure?
Thank you for your help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

I would not advise taking the Duromine - It may definitely cause seizures in those with/with a history of epilepsy/seizures

Posted by: Helen harry | 2016-02-28

I used duromine more than 15 years ago and lost weight very good but I had brain surgery and was never allowed to use it agin coz it lets my epalipsy play up and I'm on tegratol the rest of my life so I don't recommend duromine for any epileptic people

Reply to Helen harry
Posted by: nikki guler | 2015-03-17

i have temporal lobe (left and right side) epilepsy. I was taking carbemarzepine for many years and have found they are ineffective for me now. I started taking duramine 40mg on a monthly basis and have found they control my epilepsy better than any anticonvulsant i have tried. They were for weight loss, but they are more helpful in regards to my epilepsy. I have no side effects with them and my doctors allow me to take them for this reason. I have never had a grand or petit mal seizure.

Reply to nikki guler