Posted by: Kelly | 2013-01-14

Good Day CS

I know this is a Q for cyberdoc but getting a reply takes some time over there. If you could perhaps comment on my question in the meantime I would appreciate or if anyone else has been on this med.and can provide some advise.

I queried Adderall with my Dr. after I saw an article on a UK website re. people taking i for extra energy and concentration as I''ve been feeling tired and without energy for 2 months now.
He done a thorough check, took blood etc but all came back good. I have been under some stress lately but I''ve been feeling like this way before all the troubles started.

He confirmed that Adderall has not been approved over here/not available in SA and prescribed Duromine as it contains the same ingredient. He told me it’ s for weight-loss but I now see its main purpose is weight loss. I''m not over-weight but could live with dropping 5kgs. He said it would help with the energy levels but that its addictive and only to be used for a short period.

So my question is, is it fine for me to use this? Not sure why I''m having second thoughts. Also, is this med. close to Adderall?

One should not take ANY drug, medication or over-the-counter remedy "for extra energy and concentration". Nothing works usefully for this general complaint, and some of what's poffered can be harmful. Better see a good doc for a proper check-up to see if there is a REASON for feeling these problems ( and there are many possible, different reasons for it ) and then discuss treatment options matched to the cause, rather than just taken as general possibilities.
All sorts of drugs which are bad for you get touted online, and what is said purely by someone wanting to promote their use should not be treted seriously, only expert reviews of good and bad aspects, by experts without a particular profit in one or other conclusion.
Duromine is a form of Phentermine, used for promoting weight-loss, and it can cause a range of problems, especially if not properly used under the supervision of a proper expert.
Adderall is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, and is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD, and should absolutely only ever be used on the advice of an appropriate expert and for those purposes, and NEVER just to provide energy boosts or hoping to enhance concentration.
Any website promotiong its use for such reasons sounds like an unreliable and quack site.
The two meds you use are different, but each can cause a range of problems, and are absolutely NOT advised for use for the reasons you mention