Posted by: Runett | 2012-11-08

Good day, i am on duromine and have a party coming up. I know they say NO ALCOHOL. but would like to know if there is anything that I am aloud to drink. DONT WANNA BE A PARY POOPER!!
Thank you,

Dear Runett
You will have to decide what is more important for you: 1) Weightloss, 2) Enjoying a party. If you decide on No 2, then you need to stop taking the Duromine, a step that you must first discuss with the prescribing doctor. I do think it would be easier and less fattening to drink non-alcoholic beverages at this party. Just tell your hosts that you are taking a medication (no need to go into details) that cannot be mixed with alcohol, so you are going to drink artificially sweetened cold drinks or fruit juice diluted with ice (take some along is there is a chance that there will be No non-alcoholic drinks at the party).
Be strong

Posted by: ME | 2012-11-09

Surely you don''t need alcohol to have fun? Its better to take care of your body - stay on your meds and avoid the alcohol... have sparkling grape juice or something safe. You''re not a party pooper just because you don''t drink...

Reply to ME
Posted by: Zelda | 2012-11-09

Leave the alchol - Duramine remains in your system. Do sparkling water mixed with fruit juice - stay safe.

Reply to Zelda
Posted by: P | 2012-11-08

then dont take duramine for that day. I will tell u from experience my hubby was on some medication to stop smoking and when he mixed it with alcohol, he became violent

Reply to P