Question
Posted by: TRACY | 2010/03/09

DUROMINE

HI DOC
I AM WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT AND MY DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED DUROMINE, IS THIS AN EFFECTIVE WEIGHTLOSS PILL AS I HAVE HEARD ALOT MORE OF THE PILL CIPLA TRIM?

Dear Tracy
Duromine is an appetite suppressant, which when used with an energy-reduced diet can promote successful weightloss. The following side-effects can occur with Duromine (which contains phentermine as its active ingredient), as listed in my copy of MIMS: pulmonary hypertension, central nervous system effects including psychotic episodes and hallucinations, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, problems with urination, rash, impotence or changes in libido, facial oedema and blurred vision. Ciplatrim has also got a long list of side-effects, so as long as you are under medical supervision and report any negative side-effects to the dr immediately you can try the Duromine.

4
Posted by: been there done that | 2010/03/29

I was told by a gastrentorologist - that one of the side effects of duromine is in fact going to the loo- I must also say that I was on reductill and couldnt agree more with Lee - it works will you are using it but once you stop you do regain the weight -I lost 9 kgs over a 6 month period and have regained it in the last year and have irregular heart beats since taking the reductil
just reduce the amount of food you eat ie   divide yur plate into quarters anf make sure that half the plate is veg or salad (all low gi of course ) and 1/4 protein and 1/4 starch - if you use this method and grill foods not fry weight will eventually come off - walk where possible or swim - it takes time but it a lot healthier and kinder to you body

Reply to been there done that
Posted by: Sassy | 2010/03/12

Hay guys my doc prescribed duromine for me its bn 3 wks i hav lost 4 kgs thank god i hav no side effects so i think it works diff to each person gud luck thou!

Reply to Sassy
Posted by: Lee | 2010/03/09

My doctor also prescribed duromine for me. I did not loose a single kg and my stomach was bloated the entire time I was on it, and I basically had to RUN to the loo after eating anything. I would not recomment it.
The only way to loose weight and keep it off is to eat a balanced diet and exercise.
These pills and any weight loss " miracle"  do not work.
Good luck!

Reply to Lee

Dear Tracy