Question
Posted by: Kaylae | 2010/02/08

Duromine

Can you please advise on duromine,I tried it last week and had stomachaches that I decide to leave but want to go back,mind you I used it for 3 days.I am on Triphisil pills,will the duromine cancel the pill.Please help

Dear Kaylae
Duromine is an appetite suppressant. The following side-effects can occur with Duromine (which contains phentermine as its active ingredient), as listed in my copy of MIMS: pulmonary hypertension, central nervous system effects including psychotic episodes and hallucinations, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, problems with urination, rash, impotence or changes in libido, facial oedema and blurred vision. If you do exercise and find that you develop erratic heartbeats or palpitations then you must stop using Duromine. If you do not develop any of the listed side-effect then you can probably use Duromine, however you reported stomach ache would make me hesitant to continue using it. It should not interfere with contraception.

1

Dear Kaylae