Question
Posted by: peaches | 2008/10/09

Duromine

Dr Breedt,
I' ve heard good things about Duromine. My question is  i' d like to lose about 6kg' s. My BMI is currently 22. Would my GP presribe them to me if i request them? Just to cut " after dinner"  cravings and indulging, " due to some stress." 
Can GP' s refuse to give you medication you request?
I will be starting Zyban in a while - can i take the two together?
I' m on no other pills / medication and don' t have high blood pressure.
Thank you doctor!
Rgds,

Dear Peaches
I would not give Duromine and Zyban together - it will make you totally "hyper". Duromine's main ingredient is related to amphetamine and thus potentially addictive. It will only work while you take it and if you don't change your eating habits, you will pick up every gram you lost again as soon as you stop the Duromine. I am not in favour of appetite suppressants as most of them have no long term effects, and have a lot of side effects. You will probably lose weight on the Zyban anyway as this supresses appetite in itself.