Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2008/08/05

Duromine

Please advise me, I was prescribed Duromine last year and happily lost a bit of weight. My problem now is that I have decided to stop smoking but am putting on all my extra weight again. Is there an alternative to duromine that I could look into taking during my first month or so of not smoking or do I need to get another prescription for duromine?

Dear Sammy
Congratulations on stopping smoking - this will really make a great difference to your health. If you reduce your energy intake and do plenty of exercise, then this initial gain will stop and after a short while you will get back to your normal weight. I wrote an article on this important subject recently, so click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and do a Search for 'Stopping smoking' to read all the tips for overcoming this temporary problem. Duromine or phentermine, is an appetite suppressant and a schedule 5 medication, which means that it can only be prescribed by a medical dr. So you will need to get a new prescription from your dr.
Good luck with this worthwhile endeavour