Question
Posted by: plump | 2009-04-15

duromine 15mg week 3

Hello CyberDoc
I have about 10kg' s to lose. My GP prescribed duromine 15mg to help suppress my huge appetite. I work out at gym about 4 - 6 times a week and still feel no difference in my appetite.
I' ve been on for 3 weeks today.
I try eat low GI foods and avoid sugar and salt.
Thing is, i have lost no weight and i' m still constantly hungry or craving " something"  anything...
I don' t want to spend another consultation fee, is there another medication that i can get to help - that will actually work - as the duromine is not.
Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Dear plump
Ask your doctor to check your insulin levels, you may be insulin resistant. Also try to eat more vegetables and protein and cut down on all carbs to 4-5 portions per day only. I don't think taking another appetite suppressant will help as Duromine is quite potent.