Posted by: Sean | 2009-05-30

During sexual arousal

I have a clear fluid that is emitted from the penis during sexual arousal. It tends to be present after sexual intercourse as well even after ejaculation has happened. Is this normal?

It is quite normal. It is commonly called pre-cum and serves as a lubrication fluid for penetration. All men produceit but in greately diverse quantities - some men produce great volumes while others only produce a few drops. All quite normal

Posted by: Condom man | 2009-05-31

Quite normal man. If I remember correctly then this fluid is made by the cowpers gland. The longer 1 is aroused the more will run out. Mine usually appear after being aroused for abou 10 min. Every man is different. It' s a clear slightly sticky / slimy fluid but it does not taste bad. It has 2 functions. Firstly - lubrication, secondly - making the whole penile canal more alkaline. Urine is very acid + sperm need alkaline surroundings 2 survive. Hope that answers your question.

Reply to Condom man