Question
Posted by: Lynzey | 2008/08/04

Duphaston, with normal progesterone

Dear Dr, I had mc Oct' 07 after ttc for 8 months, 1st pregnancy, ttc since that time, Saw gynea 2 weeks ago,gave a script for Duphaston, Went for progesterone level Day 21 was 37.4, Started spotting from day 22. DH was given a script for Staminogro. Why am I spotting if progesterone is normal, should i continue with Duphaston???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! we both 30

Dear Lynzey

A spotting on day 22 may well be the first sign of an implantation bleed, which is not necessarily related to progesterone levels. The use of progesterone should be maintained and a pregnancy test done as soon as day 27 – 28 of the cycle to either confirm or exclude a pregnancy. Should the pregnancy test be negative then a similar cause of events should be considered for the next and subsequent cycles with the exception that low dose Cortisone may need to be introduced to prevent implantation failure.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: lynzey | 2008/08/09

My AF came to visit on thursday passed no luck this month. i feel so sad

Reply to lynzey
Posted by: Nix | 2008/08/05

is the spotting not implantation bleeding? Join the ladies on the Infertility support site. they are there all the time and answer very quickly.

Reply to Nix