Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/09/21

Duphaston not Working?

Hiya Doc,
I''m a 29-year old female in excellent health. Used to be on Nordette for 7 years, before stopping in May. Always had 100% regular periods. After coming off the pill in May I had a normal period in June, but nothing since then. My check-up at the gynae was 2 weeks ago, she prescribed Duphaston, Clomid and Inofolic. I finished the course of 5 Duphaston pills 12 days ago, but have not had a period. During my checkup the doc screened for cysts (negative), two pregnancy tests (with early morning urine) have also been negative. I was told to expect my period 2 days after taking Duphaston, is it normal to wait this long? Also, the Clomid is prescribed for days 5-9 of my cycle, am I correct in saying that unless I don''t get my period I do not take any Clomid? Thanks :)

You should contact your gynae again. Periods should start within a few days of stopping the Duphaston. You should not start the Clomid till you have a period.

1