Posted by: Charlene | 2009-03-06

Duphaston in 1st trimester

I have been put on Duphaston for the first trimester of my pregnancy. My gynae has now stopped the prescriptiont, as he said that I should only use it during my first trimester, which is now finished (i' m 13 weeks 4 days). I had a miscarriage in June last year due to a hormone imbalance i.e. progesterone thus me having to use Duphaston. Now, i' m so scared something will go wrong during my pregnancy because i' m no longer on Duphaston, scared that I will, again have a miscarriage ' cause my body did not produce sufficient progesterone for the baby. Does the baby still need progesterone? Am i just paranoid or what? Help, stressing so much, and I know it' s not good for me or the baby....

The reason that you have progesterone in the first trimester is because the placenta is not fully functional yet and does not produce enough hormones. After 12 weeks, this is no longer an issue.

Posted by: kimbling | 2009-03-24

I was prescribed duphaston after having some light spotting (the spotting was nothing serious - after a check up with my GP we concluded that its from a yeast infection I have) I have had NO further spotting or bleeding.I am 6 weeks pregnant. Should I or should I NOT take the duphaston prescribed to me?????

Reply to kimbling