Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/10/16

Duphaston during early pregnancy

I''ve had two miscarriages in the past. I am pregnant again, 8 weeks. A few days ago I had some spotting. My gynae prescribed duphaston for 5 days. Today is day 5 and the spotting hasn''t completely stopped, but it has decreased.
I also did progesterone tests: at 5 weeks the result was 120, and at 8 weeks (when the spotting started) the result was 62.

What will happen when I stop using the duphaston?
My next gynae appointment is in 3 weeks.

The drop in the progesterone is worrying. The other thing to check would be the HCG level to see whether this is rising. If not, you should have a scan to check the wellbeing of the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: shaggy | 2012/01/15

hi Doc. my wife is pregnant and she is 8 weeks now. my doc has suggested duphaston and folic acid. is that fine? how does this help in medicines help in early pregnancy.

Reply to shaggy