Question
Posted by: sunflwower | 2008/10/05

dumped him so why do i feel bad

HI CS,

I guess I just need to vent. I liked this guy who seemed really sweet. well we never formally decided to be a couple and sometimes he never had time to see me, he always had excuses. i would ask him if we can do something and he would have an excuse then he would go and do the same thing with a colleague.

anyway yesterday he pushed me over the edge so i decided that i am better off without him, without telling him outright because i have discussed my feelings with him on several occasions about some of his behaviour.

he called me at 6:00 am this morning and I ignored his call and then he sent me a text later and i ignored it too. i know this hurts because sometimes you have to hurt yourself to help yourself. like in this case so that i would not get used and taken for granted anymore.

its just that it really hurts. i can' t even remember the last time we went to sleep without talking to each other, we speak every night. But i know for a fact that this person does not value me as a person so I just had to walk away. it still hurts so much when i think about it.

I did the right thing though right? I just need to be sure that i did the right thing to save myself for someone better.

In the popular phrase, it sounds as though he was "not all that into you", so there doesn't seem to have been much of a worthwhile relationship to work on. It makes sense to save yourself for someone better suited to you ; there's no need to be desperate or in a hurry.

2
Posted by: SR | 2008/10/06

He does not know where he is right now.
Him wanting to contact you is just a reaction to your rejection.
If you let him in now he is going to revert to not knowing where he is again .... vicious circle

Reply to SR
Posted by: oza | 2008/10/06

Sunflower
Your post has double meaning, your looking for affirmation that you did the right thing, if you believe you did the right thing then it is.
Reading your piece I would have dumped him long ago, you are a individual with needs like anyone, he was not from reading your piece doing much for you he comes across as selfish and self cantered and will not change.
I take it you where intimate with this person but on his terms and conditions in other words did he use you for his pleasure ? then you did do the right thing.

Reply to oza