Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-03

Dumb girl

I grew up very respected girl, who always got praises form everyone,citing intelligency and beautiful at the same time. And at the same time, grew up from a dysfunctional home,with violence all the time.Since I left unviersity, I have been in a jnior position all the time,now I work for huge company with a very ok boss. I feel like I am dumb all the time, meaning sometimes I dont even know the simpliest task given. Sometimes I wonder what am I good at or what are my talents. I seem not to have things are have passion for. What' s wrong with me? Do I need counselling

I sometimes feel very good about myself and come to a spirallling down low at times. I dont use drugs and drink occassionally. I cant keep a boyfriend, they all seem ok for a while and after sometime they leave withouta reason. I alwys fight with my mom about everything. I really dont know what' s wrong with me. At social gathering I am given attention by both men and women, but cant keep friends. What is wrong with me. Am I depressed or what? I need tto talk to someone. Who can you ecommend, I just want to know how I can just be like everyone.

Growing up in a dysfunctional home, you may learn to discount your own very real achievements, and to form a low opinion of yourself ( which may not actually be shared by anyone else ). Counselling, especially of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy foprm ( CBT ) can be very helpful in enabling you to gain self-esteem and confidence. The Anxiety-Depressuion support group ( number on this page ) or FAMSA ( in your phone book ) can help recommend capable counsellors in your area