Posted by: Nthabiseng | 2011-08-31

Dull complection

I am a 46 year old woman. I used to be fairly light in complection but lately especially on the face, I have become dark and dull. I am thinking of doing the skin rejuvenation procedure. How good is this, can it give me the results I want? could you suggest a good DR or place where I can have it done.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nthabiseng, thank you for the question.
There are a number of choices for revitalizing the skin and the choice is dependent on what results you would like to achieve, financial considerations, and downtime.

Skin rejuvenation (technology based) can be achieved with both IPL (Intense Pulse Light) and fractional skin resurfacing (Fraxel, Palomar Starlux, Ultrapulse, Matrix RF, etc.) but which ever route you take one should only use a technology that is specifically indicated for darker skinned individuals. Skin rejuvenation procedures if performed by an experienced operator and the technology is considered ‘best in its class’ then one can expect excellent results and one should be able to achieve the results you are looking for. Please submit a new question letting me know in which city you live in so that I can refer you to a few doctors.

Posted by: Nthabiseng | 2011-09-12

Thanks for the response Dr. I live in Roodepoort and work in Melville in Johannesburg Gauteng.

Best Regards

Reply to Nthabiseng
Posted by: NOMBUSO KAMOLANE | 2011-09-09

dull skin no pimples but darker in places tends to be darker in selected places around the face