Question
Posted by: Rose | 2010-07-01

Dulco Fibre

Good morning,
My sister is using the above once a day and find that it helps her with being regular as we both suffer with this. You take the powder with 250ml water after a meal and it is a natural product and states on packet that it helps with the movement of colon and has probiotics in it as well and is not a laxative. Each sachet contains: 2.5g glucomannan, acesulfame potassium, soluble fibre. Your advise on this will help a lot.
God bless

Dear Rose
Any product or medicine which is used to induce bowel movements can be regarded as a laxative. However there are harsh laxatives that induce diarrhoea and gentle ones that just ensure regular bowel movements. I think that the Dulco Fibre is not a harsh laxative and can be used relatively safely. It is, however, a pity that your sister cannot achieve regularity via her normal diet (e.g. by eating more fibre in high-fibre breakfast cereals, dried fruit, fresh fruit and vegetables and legumes), increasing her liquid intake moderately to about 2,5 litres per day, doing regular exercise and using probiotics like Bifidoflora which you can buy at health shops.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-07-01

Dear Rose