Posted by: Nats | 2009-04-20

DS24 vs StaminoGro

I have heard so much about StaminoGro. I am on DS24 and folic acid but does this help TTC? Which will be the best for me to take?

I am TTC for 5 month now of which I have been on the DS24 and Folic acid 4 month.
I also have trouble sleeping and I am low on energy.

Dear Nats

Due to the disruption in workdays there has been a delay in response to your question. We do apologise of any convenience caused.

There is no significant large scientific study to prove any benefits to supplemental therapy with regards to female causes of infertility. Hence at present we should consider supplemental therapy in females as circumstantial evidence and there is certainly not sufficient reason to recommend it for routine use to all couples. However there is some evidence in males to suggest that specific supplements used in a very circumspect manner may improve certain sperm related functional parameters. However it is once again important to understand that it is not a “one fix all” solution. Apart from the use of folic acid other supplemental therapies in females cannot be recommended on the bases of the current scientific evidence. The exception is were there is a definite nutritional deficiency proven by means of specific blood tests as in the case of mal-absorption syndromes in which case supplemental therapy may have a place but again can in such cases it may be necessary to use the supplement via an alternate route other than oral (since the problem is a mal-absorption situation).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Julize | 2009-04-29

I have a friend who tried to conceive for 4 years. Her OBGYN told her to buy Staminogro (from Clicks) and that both her and her husband must take 2-3 tabs per day. She fell pregnant after 2 months.

Reply to Julize