Posted by: anon | 2009-09-07

Dryness under head of penis

I seem to have a dryness and slight flaking of skin just under the head of my penis, I thought it may be a fungal infection ( jock itch or something of the sort) and have used Viocort an anti fungal cream...doesnt seem to help.

Any ideas?

it definitely sounds like a fungal infection and for that you need an antifungal cream that is designed to work in that area - viocort is designed to be used between your toes.... and you will agree the skin there is quite different!
see a doc for a proper prescription
OH and do remember that these infections can take 6 weeks and longer of daily usage to clear ( the itching goes away much before that and then comes back if you stop the treatment - because its not resolved)
your next step is to fogure out why you are getting these fungal infetions and thereby prevent it happening again
speak to your doc!