Question
Posted by: Rita | 2011/11/17

Dry Vagina during sex

When I have sex, my vagina becomes so dry and less responsive that I feel like I am not complete and it frustrates my sexual life and causes me a lot of stress. I am 36 years old. Could this be a sign of early menopause or is it related to a certain medical condition?

Rita

There are a multitude of reasons for vaginal dryness and it is therefore, important to consult your doctor for an examination, blood tests and a full hormone profile, to get an answer. In the interim, I suggest that you use KY jelly during sexual intercourse to lubricate your vagina. It is a waterbase lubricant and it will not cause irritation of the vaginal mucosa.