Posted by: Tom | 2008-11-06

Dry Skin problems

Dear Doc,

Recently just after the winter i developed serious dry skin: Inside my nose (leading to dry crusts of blood sometime), My inner ears seem to have dermatitis like symptoms (dry scaly, itchy skin feeling wet). dry fingertips (with skin peeling), dry, irritated eyes, itchy scalp and dry chapped lips. what can be done to prevent all of this dryness and to treat the existing conditions?

some background info on my health:
I do suffer from allergies most of the year (only from pollen and dust, no other allergies). other than that i' m very healthy. Non drinker, non smoker. i' m male and 21 years old. not sexually active. eats healthy and exercises some.

Hallo Tom
Are you using any medication? I think you should see a dermatologist - this sound to me like more than just an allergy, could be a complicated dermatitis. Maybe also have your thyroid hormone levels tested?

Posted by: tsatsi | 2009-02-10

my boyfriend' s skin is very dry especially on his back it is kind of scaly it has box like things. i want to know what we can apply to treat it and what causes it?
does cold water has anything to do with it because he never uses hot or warm water when taking his shower?

Reply to tsatsi
Posted by: Sue | 2008-12-03

I would also like to know what thyroid hormone levels have to do with dryness. I suffer from dry, itchy eyes, very dry skin and can not lose weight no matter what I try.

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Tom | 2008-11-10

no i' m not using any medications. what does your thyroid hormone levels have to do with dryness and where can i have this tested?

Reply to Tom