Posted by: Adam | 2009-04-02

Dry Skin - Penis

I have had a patch of dry skin on my penis for about a month now. It is only a patch and not the whole penis and is on the shaft near the top but not on the glans itself. The area gets very dry and scaly then peels off and is fine for a few days before starting again. It is very mildly itchy on occasion but I wouldn' t say that this is the main symptom. I am heterosexual and sexually active with 1 person whom I have been with for over 3 years and have never had this problem before.

Not sure if this could be some sort of STI or fungal infection but I have no discharge or any other symptoms and other than a bit of pain when the dry skin flakes off leaving a slightly raw area it really is bugging me more from a cosmetic perpsective and also that someting serious may be wrong.

Help please.

Dear Adam
It could be a fungal infection, psoriasis or lichen planus ( non-infective inflammatory disease of the skin) - rather let your doctor look to see if you need referral to a dermatologist or can be treated with medication.

Posted by: JayGee | 2009-04-04

The strange thing is that I have almost this exact thing on my one toe!! The rash, the dryness and peeling, the itchiness, everything so it must be some kind of fungus or infection that affects everywhere. I am also thinking of seeing a doc now, but of course far less difficult to show a toe! I feel for you but get help.

Reply to JayGee
Posted by: Adam | 2009-04-02

Thanks. Will do.

Reply to Adam