Question
Posted by: Lin | 2009-07-13

Dry skin in winter

My skin is terribly dry in winter to the extent that it starts to peel. It also gets patches where the skin is rough, itchy and sometimes a little painful. No matter what I try, it doesn' t seem to help. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lin, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options. Xerosis or dry skin has a number of causes and some will need medical attention and therefore a prescription (from your description you may be suffering from a form of eczema).