Question
Posted by: theresa | 2008/09/15

Dry skin cream, soap and vitamins

Posted by: Theresa
Message:

I have a very very dry skin. No creams really moisturizes my skin, its always feeling tight.
My hands for instance has a lot of wrinkles on the inside and outside.
I would like to find out what ingredients a cream should have for a skin like mine? and what vitamins should I be taking? Im only 25 yrs old.
What soap , cream and vitamins should I take or use and how long will it be before I will see a difference?
Please help!

Thanx Theresa

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Theresa, thank you for the question.

My advice would be to consult with a dermatologist who can examine the skin and decide on the appropriate treatment regime for you. It is unusual at your age to suffer from dry skin and a medical cause should be excluded before recommending a topical regime. Causes can range from different forms of eczema (including xerosis which is a loss of the lipid layer of the skin), genetic or inherited reasons, certain drugs and over the counter tablets, hormonal causes, etc.
Please let me know what the dermatologist recommends after seeing you.
You may send a direct email to me at: info@aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za.