Question
Posted by: PG | 2010-11-04

Dry skin around vagina

I have very fine and very dry skin around my vagina. It''s so thin that it breaks here and there and is always full of tiny scars. The cuts burn, and many times it gets very itchy and I even wake up at night. Are there any mointurizers for the genitals? Or could I use a regular moisturizer?

I''ve never had problems during sex. It''s just the skin on the outside that stretches and breaks. I''ve had an yeast infection before, but this time it doesn''t look the same. I''m going to put some plain yoghurt on the area tonight because I read online that it might help, in case it''s a yeast infection again, but I''d like to ask you if it''s really safe.

I also find biking a lot is not helping. Should i stop for a while?

Hallo PG
You may have a candida infection of the skin - it tends to cause dry cracking skin and you probably need an anti-yeast cream for skin (not vagina) like Lamisil. Ask your GP for a prescription
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-04

Hallo PG
dr Bets