Posted by: Lilly | 2012-06-12

Dry skin

Good day, i have been struggling for a year now with very dry facial skin...but everything that i put on my face to moisturize my skin gives me pimples. So sometimes i have pimples and dry skin that feels like eczema, at the same time. i have put on moisturizer an hour ago and here where i sit, my face already feels burny, stretchy and dry. i do not come in the sun too much so it can''t be the sun drying out my face, i do drink a multi vitamin and extra " hair, skin and nails"  vitamins, and to sooth the dry skin problem i put on a little hydro oil on the dryest patches on my face. i also struggled with itchy burning scalp for quite a while but i started using shampoo for sensitive scalp and now it''s a lot better. Please help, i don''t know what to do anymore. I''m 30. Hope you can help. thanks

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Melissa

Omega 3 fish oil can help to balance the oils in your body. Look for a high dose EPA / DHA to have a therapeutic effect. Also make sure you are hydrated - drink enough water during the day in sips, avoid sodas, caffeine and alcohol.

Vitamin E internally could also be used.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie