Question
Posted by: Mel | 2012/03/16

Dry skin

Hi doc, I will be 56 soon and my skin is becoming very dry. I use facial day and night creams and try and go for a facial once a month but it does become expensive. I always used to have an oily skin but lately my skin feels extremely dry and pulls. I live at the coast and would like to know what make of facial creams I should use that will not cost me an arm and a leg.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mel, thank you for the question.

Your best advice would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and give you the best treatment options. Unfortunately as we age our skin changes and one of these is a dyer skin; the best approach would be to use products that contain alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, and vitamin A. good value for money is Environ, NeoStrata, Nimue, etc.

2
Posted by: Edith | 2012/04/10

Hi mel, my friends also had terrbile dry skin as she aged. Nothing worked until she used Eucerin - I think the products with Urea in.

Reply to Edith
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/03/17

Hi Mel, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert