Posted by: confused | 2009-03-04

Dry Sex

mu husband and I have a wonderful and fulfilling sex life. he turns me on and and rives me wild with desire. For the last month or so I have not been ' wet'  during foreplay or sex, even tho I am extremely aroused. Sometimes he cannoteven penetrate me with his fingers or penbis due to me boing so dry. whats wrong - what can I do. Please help. (I am 36yrs old)

Vaginal lubrication can decrease for a number of reasons. Certain medications can cause dryness e.g. sinus medication that dries 'the nose' also can cause vaginal dryness. As you get closer to menopause, decrease in estrogen levels can also result in some dryness and discomfort. Use a water-soluble lubricant to make intercourse more pleasurable and comfortable. Durex have a range of lubricants that enhance sexual sensations. Speak with your pharmacist about products that can be used to improve vaginal moisture longer term. Also have a gynae check up to monitor your hormonal levels.