Question
Posted by: scaby baby | 2009-04-11

dry sensitive skin

Can you PLEASEE recommend a body lotion that I CAN USE..I have a sensitive very dry skin overall(my body) anything with perfume irritates and Im running out of options as it is so bad that I dont even feel like taking my clothes off..i have been to skin dermatoligists ..u name it..just wanna have a beautiful spotless body..I dont drink or smoke..drink lots of water and exercise..I can just deveop a rash esp in my neck, arms and legs from no where...is ther s pill that I can take to assist..pleasssssssssssee

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘Scaby Baby’, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my answer.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin first before deciding on a treatment plan.
From your description it seems that you may be suffering from a hyper allergic condition such as eczema or variants of it such as xerosis. If this is the case one should consider using a greasy emollient such as petroleum jelly immediately after a bath, shower, or swim. Adding cortisone to an emollient such as Epimax is an option to consider and some success has been reached when one uses ammonium lactate (12% or 5%) or emollients that contain either urea, lactic acid, or glycolic acid. My suggestion is to discuss these options with your dermatologist.