Question
Posted by: Liza | 2008/06/23

Dry Scalp

Hi CyberDoc,

I've been suffering from dry scalp for a while now. Initially I thought it was dandruff, and treated it with Head&Shoulders as well as another expensive anti-dandruff treatment from Kerastase, but nothing seems to help.

These aren't the small white flakes, but rather large (about 2-4mm in diameter) flakes of skin from my scalp. Is there any way to treat it? I wash my hair often - but I still get the dryness. If my scalp becomes oily, these flakes get 'cakey'. Please help. I have tried everything I can think of.

Regards,
Liza

Hi Liza
This is probably seborreic eczema - try alternating head and shoulders and Niz shampoo. If still a problem you may need to get a prescription for Betnovate scalp application from your doctor.