Question
Posted by: Dot | 2009/11/29

dry patch

my dog has a dry patch on his upper lip by his whiskers. could it be mange and what tyoe of ointment can I put on. He is 4 months old still puppy.

Dear Dot

Try F10 ointment and if that does not work take her to the vet.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/30

Dear Dot

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2009/11/29

It could be mange but I wouldn' t be putting stuff on it. Wait and see - measure it, if it gets bigger or worse or starts to bother the pup, maybe a little visit to the vet. If not, he should be due some vaccinations in a month or two, then the vet could take a look if it' s not gone.

For interest' s sake, there' s stuff called Prenine which is quite handy to have around the house - clears up little potential infections and things. Or bactroban is good - but don' t be too quick to smear a pup full of Stuff. You don' t want to provoke sensitivities - besides, their own immune systems must get a chance to practice!

Reply to Chill