Posted by: Christa | 2012-05-14

Dry mouth, aching muscles

I''m a 47 year old woman, going through my menopause for the past few years (still get hot flushes now and then) I really struggle with a extremely dry mouth during the night. Sometimes during the day as well when I don''t eat or drink frequently.

For the past 4 years I also battle with chronic muscle aches and pain, with neck spasm quite often. I do dance-exercise 3 x per week for a total of about 6 - 8 hours per week and 1 pilates class a week. During winter it is more intense and I am really stiff in the morniings.

I wake up 3 to 4 times during the night with this terrible dry mouth, so dry that nothing but a sip of water reliefs it. My immune system is very good, though. If I get a cold, it''s really light and only for 1 day. I don''t drink any alcohol, but am worried that my liver can''t get rid of all the lactic acid.
Can you guide me in the right direction of which supplements will help. I do drink a liver tonic with milk thistle and other amino acids as well as Vit C and chromium.

Expert ImageNatural health

From a Chinese Medicine point of view the syndrome is Kidney yin deficiency. In essence too little fluid. This can also create heat. I would suggest trying Nourish root yin from China herb and a consult with a Chinese Medicine practitioner would be helpful to get a clear picture to treat you accordingly.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie

Posted by: Nancy | 2012-07-11

I should think so as NuFemma helped me with mine.

Read the info on Nuvida''s website. I got mine by ordering from the company, call 0861NUVIDA or 0861 688 432.

Reply to Nancy
Posted by: Jeshree | 2012-07-11

I too have horrible menopause with hot flushes, mood swings and dryness sexually. It''s really taking a tioll on me and my lovelife, I find that I''m just not interested in sex anymore. Can NuFemma help me and where do I get it?

Reply to Jeshree
Posted by: Nancy | 2012-07-11

I had similar symtoms and found that drinking more water (2-3 litres daily) and taking Nuvida''sNuFemma supplement help me tremendously with all the menopause symtoms.

Reply to Nancy
Posted by: Bulelwa | 2012-07-11

I am 49 years this year been on menapause for three years no, i don''t have dry mouth but aching muscle is my problem also i have lost appetite leaving on fluids is there a problem.

Reply to Bulelwa